Now that we
have touched on honesty and how that relates to something like spending $200 on
a purse, this takes us straight to the topic of FINANCES!! One of our favorite
topics…Not!! Finances should be on our self-analysis list. You should be
financially responsible and this should be one of your requirements in a
prospective spouse.
Do you
budget your money wisely? Money problems are one of the top causes of divorce,
even longtime friendships can come to a devastating end over money. A marriage ending
over money is even more devastating, and certainly more costly.
Financially
responsible doesn’t mean that either of you have to be millionaires before you
get married. It doesn’t mean you have to have $50,000, $60,000 or one hundred
thousand dollars in the bank, but what it does mean is that you both have a
proper view of financial responsibility.
Ask yourself
this question, if my utility bill is two hundred dollars and I only have one
hundred and fifty dollars, do I pay the one hundred and fifty dollars and
arrange to pay the remainder at a later date, or do I say, “well, I don’t have
the two hundred dollars, so I might as well buy a new outfit or tickets to a
sporting event”? Are you the person who spends your money on your wants, and then
borrow from others to pay for your needs? These are serious questions that
demand serious and truthful answers.
Are you
dating a person who is borrowing from you on a regular basis? If so, RED FLAG
ALERT!! Someone isn’t budgeting money wisely. You have to take off the rose
colored glasses and see things for what they are before you say “I DO”. You
must be on the same page when it comes to finances. You don’t have to be rich,
but you both need to be wise money managers.
There is
nothing romantic about one spouse losing sleep at night trying to figure out
how to make the mortgage payment while the other spouse has a secondary address
on Shopping Mall Drive, going from store to store saying, CHARGE!!
Being a wise
steward of your finances, being honest and trustworthy, allows a person’s heart
to safely trust and love you. This
brings up another important question that you should ask yourself, are you safe
to love?
No comments:
Post a Comment